Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What do you "heart"?

One of the most exciting parts of being a business owner for twenty years is watching how styles and trends change.  For example, when I first started making my popular polar fleece hoodies, I paired them with colorful knit leggings, which were all the rage in the early 90s.  Then came wider-legged jeans, which young girls had to have for their dolls in the early 2000s.  Now, I pair them with "skinny-leg jeans," and they are a beloved wardrobe essential yet again!
I've noticed a trend among children and tweens (and teens!) of freely talking about the things they love through the expression "I ".  This isn't said as "I love," or "I like" - it's clearly spoken as "I heart." 
When I was a tween, stuff I loved (like the Beatles and bell-bottom jeans!) were "groovy."  When my daughter was young, her favorite things were "rad."  Today, girls "heart" the things that make them smile - and you'll find them "ing" anything from shopping to cereal, from puppies to cute skulls with bows on top.

In keeping with this trend, I have created the "I " collection - comfortable knit or flannel pants that match soft, white hoodies that I've printed with popular I♥ themes that include peace signs, cupcakes, skulls, and unicorns.  These outfits are all about "feeling free to say "I"!  I'd like to think that they're a celebration of what girls love to love - no matter what era we live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment