Thursday, June 2, 2011

Yippie-kay-ay! It's a Wild West Summer!

One of the best parts about my job is that I see inspiration for new doll outfits everywhere I go.  Sometimes, old photos in a museum will give me a new idea for a heritage-style dress.  Other times, the latest tween fashion trends will get my creativity flowing.  Other times, my travels bring me inspiration.

Over the past year, I've been lucky enough to take two trips with my family - one up the Pacific coast into Alaska and the wild Yukon Territory, and another down the Pacific coast and into the heart of the Mexican wilderness.  We traveled on speeding buses into modern cities and on bumpy, jostling railroads into rugged mountain passes.  Everywhere we went, the flavor of the Wild West was all around us!

This summer, I took two whole weeks and did nothing but design what I came to call "Western Wear with a Flair!"  Did I ever have fun!  My goal was to create outfits that would mix and match with each other so that girls could take these pieces and really build their doll wardrobes with endless creative possibilities!  


The picture above shows a sampling of four of my favorite new outfits.  I call the one on the far left "Goin' to Town."  The gingham shirt is so crisp and classic, and the denim skirt is pretty and durable!

Next is "Ropin' and Ridin'!"  The skirt has so many beautiful horses galloping across it!

After that comes "Kickin' up Dust!"  The fringed jeans are a must-have for any cowgirl, and the magenta tee adds a fun contemporary twist.

Finally we have "Line Dancin' Get-together!"  This rose-covered skirt is so soft and pretty, and the silver trim on the shirt looks like it came straight out of a Western tailor's shop!  

The fun part about these outfits is that they can all mix and match!  Try the red gingham blouse with the fringed jeans!  How about the magenta horse tee with the blue horse skirt?  The blue cotton blouse and matching bandanna would even look smashing with the line dancing skirt.

To see all of the Western styles (including a turquoise Southwestern dress and an elegantly fringed vest and pant set) and to see extras like cowgirl hats, bedrolls and camp-out supplies, check out my website or, better yet, come visit me at my home-based boutique in Orchard Park or at the Southgate Plaza craft show in West Seneca, NY this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment